- 400g Orgran Self-raising flour
- 400g caster sugar
- 400g butter, softened
- 8 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp milk
- Heavy cream (whipped)
- Strawberry or raspberry jam
- Strawberries (optional)
- Grease and line two deep 8-inch baking tins. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- In a large bowl, beat the caster sugar, softened butter, eggs, self-raising flour, baking powder, and milk together until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the mixture amongst the two cake tins, and smooth out the top of the cake with a spoon. Place in the oven to cook for around 20 minutes, or until golden brown, and the cake springs back when pressed.
- Turn onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, whip the heavy cream until it turns to soft peaks.
- To present the cake, take the two cake layers, and using a knife or cake leveler, level the tops of the cake so they are even and straight.
- Take the first layer onto a board, and spread whipped cream over the top, or use a piping bag to pipe the cream onto the cake. Evenly spread some jam on top, and stack with the second layer, ensuring the edges line up. Top with more whipped cream, jam, and fresh strawberries, and serve.