- 2 ½ cups Orgran all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ¼ cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- Orange zest (from about 3-4 oranges)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Grease two standard loaf pans, and set aside
In a medium bowl whisk together flour and baking powder. Set aside
In a mixer, with a whisk attachment, whisk together eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy (about five minutes). Slowly begin to add oil and stir until combined. Add orange juice, zest, and vanilla extract, and keep mixing until combined. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined (be careful not to overmix).
- Pour batter into prepared tins, and bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Cut into slices and serve with fresh orange slices or orange zest.